Funding options

Canada Training Credit

The Canada Training Credit is a refundable tax credit that could help Canadians with the cost of training fees. It's accumulated at a rate of $250 per year, up to a lifetime limit of $5,000.

This new training credit is considered a refundable tax credit for up to half the eligible tuition and fees for enrolling in a course or training program. Each year, the training amount limit gets included in the information sent out by the Canada Revenue Agency.

To be eligible, you need to be a worker:

  • between the ages of 25 - 64
  • with an income below $150,000
  • and at least have $10,000 in earnings for work (this includes maternity or parental leave benefits)

Learn more

Digital Discovery Bursary

Get the support you need to continue your education in digital technology. Granted on the basis of financial need, the Digital Discovery Bursary covers 100% of the cost of any of SAIT's Continuing Education digital technology programs for eligible applicants. Awards are first-come, first-served. To learn more and apply, contact our advising team.

Contact us

Windmill Microlending: Skilled Immigrant Micro-Loan

Founded in 2005, Windmill Microlending is Canada’s only national charity offering affordable loans to skilled immigrants and refugees. Windmill microloans help pay for the costs of accreditation, training, and career development. Funded by the public and private sectors, Windmill has helped over 7,000 newcomers convert their potential into prosperity.

Whether you intend to work in the same field you trained in outside of Canada, or you wish to apply your transferable skills to a new career, this low-interest loan helps you cover the cost of education and related living expenses.

To be eligible for a Windmill microloan, you must: 

  • Be an immigrant and a Permanent Resident, Protected Person, Convention Refugee, Provincial Nominee, or Canadian Citizen
  • Be an internationally-trained individual who has completed post-secondary education outside of Canada and/or have a minimum of one year of post-secondary work experience before coming to Canada
  • Be living in Canada to apply for a loan from Windmill

Learn more

Tax receipts

Goods and services tax

The Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) is not included in the tuition fees and is applied to the course(s) at checkout. The majority of our courses are GST exempt.

Income tax receipts

Located under mySAIT, you'll be able to find your T2202 tax forms that become available each year in February.

To be eligible for the T2202 tax credit, the Canada Revenue Agency now requires a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from qualifying students.

When creating a new user account, please add your SIN number, if you don't, you'll need to contact us so we can add it to your profile for you.

Required fields are indicated by .