Certificate of Achievement
In the construction industry, there's a growing demand for trained management and leadership professionals. If you're employed in the field, the online Construction Management Certificate of Achievement provides the technical and managerial skills for advancement in residential or commercial construction.
This online program includes five foundational courses followed by four courses in either a Residential or Commercial stream.
Upon completion of this Certificate, participants will be able to:
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Apply fundamental principles, processes and tools in construction project management.
- Describe standard building design methods and materials for site preparation and construction.
- Identify and comply with building code regulations, bylaws and permit requirements.
- Understand legal concepts, basic negotiation tactics, and risks involved with construction contracts.
- Identify sustainable building practices, compliance standards and types of certification programs.
- Understand health, safety and building code governance and assessments for construction projects and prepare a workplace safety plan.
- Understand the purpose and principles behind construction estimating, including cost controls and feasibility budgets.
- Prepare useful technical documentation and written communication.
This program will prepare you for career opportunities as an entry-level manager, trades supervisor or estimator in the construction industry.
Professional designation and certifications
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded to students by SAIT upon the successful completion of this program.
Courses in this Certificate have been approved for education and training credits towards the following certifications:
- Blue Seal Certification
- Gold Seal Certification
- Canadian Institute of Quality Surveyors (CIQS)
- Professional Quality Surveyor (PQS)
- Construction Estimator Certified (CEC)
This program is eligible for funding through the Canada Alberta Job Grant (CAJG).