Get up to speed with the exciting world of digital marketing and learn to make sense of social networking, search engine optimization and more. Through this fast-paced series of workshops, you'll discover how to take a leading role in moving your business ahead in this rapidly-expanding field. You can complete this program in less than one year.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will:
- have a solid understanding of the world of digital marketing and social media
- understand the metrics, tactics and strategies involved in paid media channels
- be able to perform technical and competitor audits
- have a good understanding of the need for Search Engine Optimization and how to utilize for optimal results
- learn how to measure ‘return on investment’ and how to build content to better serve the digital marketing experience
- have the tools you need to manage, maintain and update content on a company website
- use online direct marketing tools to demonstrate what you’ve learned and simulate the implementation of a digital marketing communications plan
- explore Google Analytics to measure digital marketing activity.
This program is eligible for funding through the Canada Alberta Job Grant (CAJG).
The skills learned in this program are quickly becoming some of the most sought-after skills in the market place with many organizations ramping up their digital presence. Upon completion of this certificate, you will be better equipped to pursue a job in advertising, marketing, public relations, social media management and more.
Expect to start at the entry level, and as you gain experience with additional education, your career opportunities will expand. Use the following Job Market Outlook tool as a starting point to explore your career options.