Whether you're a budding videographer or a seasoned pro, our DSLR Video Production Certificate of Achievement will help you gain the skills you're looking for.
Our professional instructors will guide you through everything you'll need to know to produce your very own high-quality videos, from understanding frame rates and lighting to shooting your video through to the final editing process.
Using tools like Non-Linear Editor and delivering hands-on shooting instruction, you'll get the chance to set up lights, shoot real video, and go to post-production. Our instructors will work with you in the classroom as well as out in the field. With most new cameras able to shoot in high-definition video, we'll teach you how to get the most out of your equipment.
Key points covered:
- The difference in frame rates and how they can affect subject and timeline
- Video quality
- Controlling rolling shutter
- Proper use of filters
- Editing in Non-Linear Editor
- Theory and practice of audio
- Any DSLR or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses
- 18-55, 24-70 or any standard lens
- Tripod with video head
- Small shotgun microphone
- Minimum 2 class 10 memory cards ( 90mb/s or 600x) with 32gb of space
- Minimum 2 batteries
- 50mm f1.8 (optional but recommended)
- Card Reader
- Single 36” reflector (white/sliver)
This program is eligible for funding through the Canada Alberta Job Grant (CAJG).
Skills learned in this program can be applied to a variety of roles in the Film industry, as a Video Camera Operator or Video Camera Operator.
Expect to start at an entry-level and as you gain experience and possibly with additional experience your career opportunities will expand. Use the following Job Market Outlook tool as a starting point to explore your career options.