Certificate of Achievement
The Geomatics Certificate of Achievement provides the fundamentals of surveying, mapping, and collecting and analyzing data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS). This program is appropriate for surveyors and mappers in training, new graduates or working professionals interested in building a career in geomatics.
Upon completion of this Certificate, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply concepts and techniques in Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD).
- Create 2D drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD software.
- Create and interpret topographical drawings using survey data.
- Collect, mapping and analyze data using a Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Perform land surveying calculations and fieldwork.
Geomatics technicians/technologists and individuals with geomatics training and experience can find career opportunities in government, surveying and computer mapping, construction, engineering, mining, energy exploration, and environmental sectors.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded to students upon the successful completion of this program.
Courses in this Certificate have been approved for education and training credits towards the following certifications:
- Gold Seal Certification
- Canadian Institute of Quality Surveyors (CIQS)
- Professional Quality Surveyor (PQS)
- Construction Estimator Certified (CEC)
This program is eligible for funding through the Canada Alberta Job Grant (CAJG).