Our NEW Warehouse Worker Certificate of Achievement will start in January 2023. You will complete this certificate and be on your new career path in 8 weeks. Enroll today to ensure your seat.
Warehouse Worker is a self-paced, online program consisting of six courses that provides you with the knowledge and skill development needed for entry level employment in the warehouse industry.
Upon Completion, you will be able to:
- Identify & demonstrate safe use of materials handling equipment.
- Learn workplace procedures, conflict resolution, customer communication skills and mentoring.
- Raise your awareness of various distribution networks, the duties and responsibilities of parts department personnel, and safe working practices.
- Become familiar with different types of hand tools, power tools, measuring tools and equipment.
- Acquire knowledge on various types documentations including, point of sale, work order, parts order form, and warranties.
- Learn what is involved with shipping & receiving methods and procedures, parts return policies, and different types of claims.
This program is eligible for funding through the Canada Alberta Job Grant (CAJG).
Graduates are prepared for entry level positions as shippers or receivers in warehouses or parts departments. The following tool shows the Job Market Outlook in some of these occupational groups. Use the knowledge learned in this certificate as the stepping stone into one of these career paths.