This course provides an overview of the fundamentals of studio design and production in home and professional environments.
Through theory and practice, students will explore how to make the most of existent spaces and maximize the quality of audio productions using varying budgets, including topics such as:
- sound-space interactions,
- monitor speaker placement,
- and microphone placement.
Additionally, students will explore:
- recording hardware,
- recording software,
- microphone construction,
- custom cable fabrication,
- and critical listening techniques.
Students taking this course will acquire the foundational knowledge involved in creating useful studio spaces and quality sound productions.
Strongly Recommended: Digital Sound I (AUDI 003)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Audio Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses