This course provides one of the complete pictures of existing standards in measurement. It introduces you to measurement-related requirements and standards used in the upstream and downstream oil and gas industry. This knowledge will enable you to comply with the provincial regulations and apply the appropriate standards and procedures in design, operations, and maintenance of oil and gas facilities.
The following topics you'll learn about in this course include
- the importance of hydrocarbon measurement and conservation in oil and gas production,
- royalty collection system,
- environmental issues with hydrocarbon management,
- standards and their applications to a variety of product measurement,
- the regulations under Directive 17 (Alberta Energy Regulator), and the reporting requirements according to standards and regulations.
Systems Engineers, Test & Measurement and Senior Liquid Measurement Supervisors, Measurement Technicians/Technologists, Measurement & Control Technicians, Measurement Analysts and Operators, Instrumentation Technicians, Automation Team Leaders, Measurement Engineers, Reliability Managers, Measurement and Logistics Technicians, Production Accountants, Hydrocarbon Measurement Specialists and their managers, Petroleum Measurement Technical Leaders, Advanced Gas Measurement Technicians dealing with regulations and standards will benefit significantly from this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Hydrocarbon Measurement Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses