Our Third Class Power Engineering course will provide you with the supplemental education you may need to be successful in writing your Government A1 exam, topics covered will include:
- Algebra Operations, Logarithms and Problem Solving
- Forces and Friction
- Work, Power, Energy and Linear and Angular Motion
- Strength of Materials, Bending of Beams
- Simple Machines; Pressure, Density, Flow
- Heat, State Change, Calorimetry
- Thermal Expansion and Heat Transfer
- Steam Properties and Calculations
- Gas Laws and Calculations
- Chemistry Fundamentals
- Metallurgy and Materials
- Corrosion Principles
- Industrial Drawings
As PWEN 130 cannot be used as a credit towards work experience or as a credit towards a SAIT certificate, you must complete all four sections to receive work experience credit and a certificate for your learning:
- A1, A2
- B1, B2
If you are seeking credit in place of work experience, please contact your provincial boiler's branch to ensure our courses are accepted.
To register you must be a holder of a valid Provincial Power Engineering Fourth Class Certificate.
PWEN 002 and PWEN 112 are the mandatory requirements for this course. You are required to show proof of completion by emailing email@example.com.
RecommendationsIt is recommended that students have a minimum of Grade 12 Math, Physics and English.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Third Class Power Engineering Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses