The goal of this course is to equip you with the knowledge and skills to professionally inspect all of the structural elements of a building.
This course focuses on the following concepts:
- Footings components, configurations and the basics of construction foundation
- Various types of floor systems and materials
- Wall systems and key components to make up a wall
- Different roof framing systems
- Investigation of causes and implications of common problems
Learner OutcomesUpon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify elements of good construction of all the structural elements of a building.
- Detect the common problems found with foundations, floor, wall and roofing systems.
- Evaluate the seriousness of the conditions and the implications of non-repair.
- Inspect and report on residential structural systems as a professional home inspector.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Home Inspection Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses