The goal of this course is to build up on your basic knowledge of residential heating systems, to equip you with the necessary skills to perform inspections as a professional home inspector.
This course focuses on the following concepts:
- Inspection strategies, test procedures and problem identification
- The functioning and components of wood, steam and electric heating systems
- Types of wall and floor furnaces, room heaters, gas fireplaces
- Chimneys, vents and installation
Learner OutcomesUpon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize common heating systems and how they work.
- Investigate common problems found in each type of heating system and boilers.
- Explore how to find common conditions in each type of system.
- Evaluate the seriousness of these conditions and the implications of non-repair.
- Inspect and report on residential heating systems as a professional home inspector.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Home Inspection Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses