This course introduces high performance residential design and construction practices. We will examine principles and standards of high-performance homes, including related building science concepts and existing home construction codes. We will explore how high-performance homes differ from traditional code-minimum homes, the benefits of high-performance homes, and how to identify a high-performance home through verification methods.
Earn a Micro-Credential
Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a Digital Badge to share on their resume, social media, or LinkedIn profile. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outline high-performance principles and standards.
- Explain Canada’s current and future building performance goals.
- Describe the key principles of high-performance design and construction.
- Describe how high-performance homes are verified and measured.
- Explain the benefits of designing and constructing a high-performance building.