POWERED BY THE DX HUB
The pace of business change is accelerating at an exponential rate due to digital and emerging technologies. The 33-year average tenure of companies on the S&P 500 in 1964 narrowed to 24 years by 2016 and is forecast to shrink to just 12 years by 2027.
Accelerated pace due to new and emerging digital technologies creates a need to build resilient and adaptive organizations. Holding on to traditional business models is no longer a successful option for today’s world.
Leaders across all types of organizations, industries and functions must enable workplaces adaptable to constant change and embrace advanced digital technologies such as process automation, blockchain, cloud solutions, artificial intelligence, machine learning and more. Leaders ignore the challenges and benefits of digital at their peril; you are either disrupted or will be disrupted by market changes and new and often unforeseen competitors.
This has given rise to Digital Transformation and the systems, processes and technologies used to offset digital disruption, innovate products and deliver better service to end-users and customers.
However, the success rate of digital transformations is low – less than 30% for most organizations. Only 16% of business leaders state their organizations’ digital transformations have successfully improved performance and also equipped them to sustain digital change in the long term. An additional 7 percent say that performance improved but that those improvements were not sustained.
This course is designed to help senior executives lead their teams and people through digital transformations. Learners have the opportunity to learn and evaluate the benefits, risks, challenges and limitations of leading their people through digital change and create or enable improved resiliency and adaptability to constant change.
This is a connected learning experience that includes a combination of active learning labs that are designed to solve real business challenges in real-time and is enhanced by micro-learning, guest speakers, case studies and a connected cohort of learners who leverage social and collaboration tools to create community between, during and after live sessions in SAIT’s DX Learning Hub.
 2018 Corporate Longevity Forecast: Creative Destruction is Accelerating S&P 500 lifespans continue to shrink, requiring new strategies for navigating disruption https://www.innosight.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Innosight-Corporate-Longevity-2018.pdf
 The keys to a successful digital transformation. (2018, October 29). McKinsey. https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/unlocking-success-in-digital-transformations
- Explore what digital means to an organization and how to implement a shared understanding and digital definition across the business with people, teams, and customers.
- Align organizational leaders, direct reports and people and teams with key digital priorities.
- Learn how to harness people and teams' energy to explore, experiment, and innovate with digital opportunities.
- Help leaders develop a deeper appreciation for the neuroscience, physiology, and brain mechanics behind behaviour change and why people and teams resist digital change.
- Understand that digital transformations become a way of operating and that continuous change and continuous improvement are the new normal to keep pace with new and emerging digital technologies.