This course describes the pipes and fittings used in gathering and process systems in the oil and gas industry. Learn about the selection of materials, and ways to connect and support piping. The design and installation of gaskets are discussed, along with the reasons for gasket failure.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe piping, fittings and connections
- Describe piping and pipe fittings
- Describe expansion, support and insulation
- Discuss piping materials and connections
- Describe the type and selection of gaskets