This course is an introduction to separation processes. Both oil and gas processing facilities require the use of separators. Learn about 2-phase and 3-phase separation and the use of stage and low-temperature separation. The selection of field and plant separators is discussed. Common operating problems and maintenance are described.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe fluid separation
- Discuss 2-phase and 3-phase separation
- Describe types of separators and their selection
- Describe separator operation
- Discuss the various configurations of inlet systems and the use of inlet separation systems in a conventional gas treating plant