Course DescriptionUser Experience (UX) Design is a design process intended to create products and services that provide positive experiences to users. It is an emergent field that has seen strong growth in recent years across a broad spectrum of industries in Alberta. In this course, you will develop UX research and design skills that will prepare you to contribute as a member of a product team that may include product managers and technical resources. Through hands-on learning experiences, you will explore design and psychological fundamentals, the application of UX tools, and the human-centered design process by which user interactions and needs are identified and integrated into products.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Perform UX research to empathize and gather data
- Analyze research findings to recommend solutions
- Generate wireframes and prototypes using digital design tools
- Validate prototypes through usability testing techniques
- Facilitate the implementation of UX guidelines and design systems
- Develop a design thinking mindset and critical thinking skills that contribute to your growth as a UX/UI professional
There are no prerequisites for this course.