Learn how to properly initiate and begin the planning process for your projects. Based on the latest version of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI’s) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), this course introduces you to a variety of organizational structures and explains the spectrum of project delivery methods, from Waterfall to Agile. This will equip you to select the best delivery approach for your project environment.
From there, learn how to write a Project Charter, perform a Stakeholder Analysis and create a Project Communication Plan. You’ll even explore the difference between project management and leadership and discuss leadership styles.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and explain essential concepts, terms, and principles in project management, including the purpose of project management, the role of an effective project manager, the 12 Principles of Project Management, and the eight Project Performance Domains
- Identify and explain key concepts in project initiation, including the project life cycle and the spectrum of delivery approaches from predictive to agile
- Define and create essential documents to support project initiation, including a Project Charter, Stakeholder Analysis, and Project Communication Plan
- Develop the essential elements of a project plan and project planning documents, including Requirements Lists, Scope Statements and Work Breakdown Structures
- Guide your project through execution using the project management plan while managing change and implementing risk contingency plan
- Track and report progress to key stakeholders through effective tracking and communication procedures, techniques, and documentation
- Explain the essential components and artifacts of project close-out, including formal acceptance, the Close-out Report, and a Lessons-learned
- Describe the basic elements of Agile Project Management
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate of Completion : Required Courses