This project planning course, based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI’s) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), focuses on the activities and functions involved in developing a comprehensive plan to create the project deliverables. First, provide a solid foundation for project planning and execution by learning how to develop a project scope definition. After, you’ll learn how to create the key documents to help structure your projects, such as schedules, budgets, risk registers, and resource, quality, and procurement plans. In addition, you’ll investigate the human dimension of project planning while also learning how to design a project organization tailored to the needs of your project, and how to develop key metrics to measure and communicate project performance.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Customize the planning process for your project based on key planning variables
- Develop a scope definition that provides a solid foundation for project planning and execution
- Create the schedule, resource, and cost components of your project plan
- Create the quality, procurement, and risk elements of your project plan
- Design a project organization that effectively and efficiently accomplishes the project work
- Develop key project metrics to measure performance throughout your project
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate of Completion : Required Courses