Course DescriptionProduct management is a function within a product development team that focuses on successfully executing the product lifecycle, from conception to retirement. You will learn how to conduct user and market research to identify problems, create a hypothesis, and ideate solutions to those problems. Prototyping techniques to test the viability, value, feasibility, usability and the morality of the ideas will also be discussed. You will collaborate as a product manager, partnered with a development team, in a multidisciplinary capstone project. This project provides applied learning opportunities to use your project management skills to design/develop a product or service that addresses real-world user needs.
- Develop a full cycle design thinking practice for a product and the role of a product manager;
- Present a story;
- Present a vision and strategy for a product;
- Use agile tools for prioritization, backlog management, roadmap creation and measuring for success;
- Develop methods on how to create effective user and stakeholder interviews, by incorporating great questioning;
- Lead tactics discussion;
- Perform team formation and building a kick off along with live stakeholder interviews;
- Act as an effective leader by embedding design thinking principles into your practice;
- Create a product Demo Template;
- Create a Go To Market plan;
- Showcase the full journey of the product build.
There are no prerequisites for this course.