AUDI 014 - Mixing and Mastering
Course DescriptionThis mixing and mastering course gives you an understanding of the concepts and techniques used in modern audio mixing. In this course you'll study professional recordings, learn to recognize the sonic characteristics and elements of professional mixes and apply them in a practical workstation environment. You will also learn the principles of mastering and the preparation of material for commercial release.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completing this course, you will know how to:
- evaluate the elements of a successful mix through ear training and critical listening
- prepare a mix combining MIDI, virtual instruments and recorded audio
- optimize balance, levels, and gain structure
- understand and apply dynamic effects and equalization
- understand and apply reverberation and delay
- apply additional special effects and automation
- discuss and demonstrate surround audio and Dolby Atmos
- export a final mix, and master in multiple formats for audio, streaming and video.
NotesAll courses AUDI and VDEO
- usb stick for all (32GB)
- video portable SSD Drive (1TB)
- plug in headphones
- laptop with standard SAIT requirements
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Audio Certificate of Achievement : If pursuing the full certificate, we recommend taking the courses in this order: