All Continuing Education (Con Ed) customers must set up an online student account (which is a separate account from the general mySAIT student portal) before registering for a course for the first time. Account profile information must be completed by the student (not a parent/legal guardian, spouse, employer or sponsor).
SAIT reserves the right to limit registration, cancel, postpone or combine courses, alter course content, dates or times, and substitute instructors.
The minimum age to take a non-credit course/certificate program offered by Continuing Education and Professional Studies is 18 years old. Refer to the online description for the course/program for any additional student eligibility requirements.
If you have or think you have a condition affecting your learning, please contact our Accessibility Services advisors to set up accommodation requests.
Our courses have different attendance & participation requirements depending on delivery formats and the specifics of the course. Check the web course description and course outline for more information.
The tuition cost of a Con Ed course is the same for an International student as for a Canadian student, unless stated otherwise.
We assume you have good working knowledge of English to successfully complete our Con Ed courses and programs. Some of our offerings do require proof of English proficiency. SAIT has the right to use discretion in determining adequate levels of English Proficiency to ensure a student’s success in a program.
Learn more about specific SAIT Con Ed (non-credit) Policies and Procedures listed below and general SAIT Policies and Procedures (which may also apply to Continuing Education)
Contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca if you have any questions.
- Go to our student login page.
- Create an account as a new user.
- Once your account is set up, you can log in as an existing user to self-register and pay for a course.
Within two business days of registering for your first-ever Con Ed course at SAIT, you’ll be assigned a 9-digit SAIT ID number and your SAIT student email address—both posted in your Con Ed student account profile. You’ll need your SAIT student email address to log in to your student Microsoft 365 account/portal from which you’ll access various online learning tools, including your SAIT email (Outlook), MS Teams, Zoom, Adobe Creative Suite, Brightspace (D2L) and more.
We recommend you familiarize yourself with your new Con Ed student account, where you’ll find your current and past enrolment transactions & receipts, as well as course details & updates such as date, time and location changes. You’ll be able to track your declared certificate programs to completion and also have access to completion letters, forms, and more.
If you have any questions about your Con Ed student account or course registration requirements, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca or 1.888.284.7051.
We recommend registering early (7–14 days) before the start date of your selected course.
Generally, you’re able to self-register and pay for a course directly through any web course or program page and add it to your shopping cart as per the instructions below. If you’re a sponsored student, refer to Third-party Billing Sponsorship section.
If you want to audit a Continuing Education course, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to confirm course eligibility and to register and pay for the course.
- Go to the certificate program or individual course page. Review the course description for any specific registration deadlines or course prerequisites. Submit the documentation required on time and before registering for a course (if applicable).
- Click the course section you want and follow the online shopping cart prompts to check out.
- Pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only.) If you’re using a card belonging to a parent, employer or spouse; ensure that you accurately complete the name and billing address of the cardholder.
- Check your email for an enrolment confirmation and SAIT receipt. Not getting our emails? Check your spam/junk mail folders. Consider adding ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to your approved sender list.
- Refer to the My Enrolment History tab in your Continuing Education student account to view all your course enrolment details including Course Drop and Refund, Transfer and Withdrawal deadlines.
Need to print your student T2202/T2202A (Tuition, Education and Textbooks Amount Certificate) tax receipts? This tax document is released on February 28 each year for course registrations taken in the previous tax year. You can access these tax receipts from your mySAIT account. Learn more about Student Tax Receipts and Credits.
If you’re a Continuing Education student being sponsored by an employer, First Nations organization, Canadian Armed Forces, Workers Compensation Board (WCB) of Alberta, Alberta Works, WorkSafeBC, or the like:
- Contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to confirm the requirements of the program/course you plan on taking. We can provide you with a cost estimate document for your sponsor summarizing tuition and tech fees, course availability/scheduling as well as estimates for any required books and supplies.
- Set up a Continuing Education student account.
- Have your sponsor email our Advising Team at ConEdAdvising@sait.ca a signed letter confirming approval of your course/program selection, and associated tuition, tech fees, and any course extension fees (if applicable.) The letter must be on official company/organization letterhead and include:
- Sponsor’s name, job title and contact information (direct phone number, address and email address) and signature;
- List of courses (including course code, course name, course start and end dates and tuition and tech fee cost per course) that your sponsor agrees to pay for.
- Clear instructions and email address where SAIT will email the invoice for your training costs.
- Contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to register for your sponsor-approved courses. If you decide to drop a course, do so before the Course Drop deadline. Make sure to notify ConEdAdvising@sait.ca and your sponsor of this change.
- If your course requires the purchase of books/supplies from the SAIT Bookstore, ask your sponsor to email the bookstore manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a charge account for you. Follow up with your sponsor and/or the SAIT Bookstore to confirm if the account has been set up and get instructions on how to purchase your books/supplies online or in person.
How to declare your intent to complete a program and receive a certificate/parchment
There is no admission requirement/application process to start a non-credit Continuing Education Certificate of Achievement or Certificate of Completion program—simply review the program for prerequisites and course availability, set up a Continuing Education student account and register for one or more courses, as you wish. Learn more about SAIT credit and non-credit credentials.
Want your certificate parchment upon program completion? You'll need to complete an online declaration/application. On our individual Con Ed certificate program pages, you’ll notice an “Application” box with an “APPLY NOW” button. Click on it to declare the program you want to complete (preferably after you have successfully completed at least one course in the program.) We will approve your declaration and attach program requirements to your Con Ed student account where you can track your program completion progress. Once you have successfully completed all required courses in your program, the Con Ed Advising team will issue and email you your digital official certificate and transcript. Note: Certificates/parchments are not issued for individual courses.
You have up to three years to complete our Certificate of Achievement or Certificate of Completion programs. It is possible to complete a certificate program in less time based on course availability and your personal situation. As programs are subject to change, it is in your best interest to complete the requirements of your certificate program as soon as possible. If you require additional time to complete your declared certificate program, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to request and pay $150 for a Credential Extension of Timeline. Approval and conditions apply.
How to purchase a course extension
Some of our online asynchronous courses provide a one-time course extension option which gives you additional time to complete the course equal to half the original course duration. Go to your Continuing Education student account under My Enrolment History to check if your course offers an optional extension. A non-refundable course extension can be purchased for $179 by contacting the Continuing Education Advising team at 1.888.284.7051 a minimum of seven days before the course’s original end date. Payment by Visa or Mastercard is required at the time of the request.
Our courses have different Course Drop deadlines based on the specific requirements of a course and also based on the delivery format (online, virtual, classroom, and blended). Go to your student account under My Enrolment History to see the Course Drop/Transfer and Withdrawal Request deadlines for a course. If you need assistance making a change of registration, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca or 1.888.284.7051.
Up until the Course Drop request deadline for a course, you can drop the course for a full tuition refund less a $50 administrative fee. To do so, go to your student account under My Enrolment History to select the Course Drop option and follow the prompts. Once your request is processed, you’ll immediately receive a refund notice. Your refund will be issued within 24 hours to the credit card you used for the original purchase. If you are past the Course Drop request deadline, you won’t see the drop option.
Up until the Course Transfer request deadline for a course, you can transfer from one course section to another or transfer to a completely different course. To do so, go to your student account under My Enrolment History to select the Course Transfer option and follow the prompts. If the course you are transferring to costs more, you will be prompted to pay the difference. If it is less, the difference will be returned within 24 hours to the credit card you used for the original purchase. Once your request is processed, you’ll immediately receive a notification. If you are past the Course Transfer request deadline, you won’t see the transfer option.
Up until the Course Withdrawal request deadline for a course, you can officially withdraw from a course to receive a “W” grade on your student record (rather than an “F”.) To do so, go to your student account under My Enrolment History to select the Course Withdrawal option and follow the prompts. There are no refunds issued for withdrawals.
A course may be cancelled due to low enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances. SAIT reserves the right to limit registration, cancel, postpone or combine courses, alter course content, dates or times, and substitute instructors. In general, a course cancellation may occur any time between two to 14 days before the course start date. A student will receive an email notification of the cancellation and is immediately issued a full tuition refund which will be processed within 24-48 hours using the same method of payment that was used for the course registration. The student is responsible for obtaining any refunds applicable for books, software and/or supplies purchased for the cancelled course.
Guaranteed to Run courses
We offer a select number of courses with this symbol. Our Guaranteed to Run promise means you don’t have to worry about the course being cancelled. You can have confidence knowing these courses will run as scheduled, allowing you to plan your time away from work and confirm your travel itinerary.
Financing your education
Learn about the Canada Training Tax Credit, income tax receipts and how to pay for your course so you can advance your career today.Learn more