All Continuing Education (Con Ed) customers must set up an online student account (which is a separate account from the general mySAIT student portal) before registering for a course for the first time. Account profile information must be completed by the student (not a parent/legal guardian, spouse, employer or sponsor).
- The minimum age to take a non-credit course/certificate program offered by Continuing Education and Professional Studies is 18. Refer to the online description for the course/program for any additional student eligibility requirements.
- If you have or think you have a condition affecting your learning, please contact our Accessibility Services advisors to set up accommodation requests.
- We assume you have good working knowledge of English to successfully complete our Con Ed courses and programs. Some of our offerings do require proof of English proficiency. SAIT has the right to use discretion in determining adequate levels of English Proficiency to ensure a student’s success in a program.
- SAIT reserves the right to limit registration, cancel, postpone or combine courses, alter course content, dates or times, and substitute instructors.
- Tuition fees are listed in Canadian dollars. Tuition costs are the same for international and domestic students for non-credit certificate programs and courses, unless otherwise specified. Non-credit Professional Certificate programs are unique programs designed for International Students only.
- If you’re living/working outside of Canada (temporarily or otherwise) and want to take a Con Ed course or certificate program delivered in online asynchronous or online synchronous format (learn more about our delivery formats), you can. However, it is incumbent on you to fully understand the requirements of a course or certificate program before you register and pay for it. Some of our certificate programs may not offer each course in the program in an online format. Consider if scheduled virtual sessions (delivered in Calgary time) will be convenient based on your location. Consider any requirements for hardware/software/textbooks/supplies you may need to purchase and have shipped to you in time for the course start date. SAIT Con Ed offerings are subject to change.
- If you’re living outside of Canada but currently visiting or working (temporarily or otherwise) in Canada and want to take a Con Ed course or certificate program in any delivery format available, please verify with a Canadian immigration lawyer or an RCIC in good standing if your current status in Canada allows you to study at SAIT without a study permit. Make sure your authorized stay in Canada fully covers the length of the intended studies. Otherwise, you’ll not be able to complete courses or a certificate as planned. For further information about studying in Canada without a study permit, visit the IRCC website.
- Our courses have different attendance and participation requirements depending on delivery formats and the specifics of the course. Check the web course description and course outline for more information.
- Learn more about specific SAIT Con Ed (non-credit) Policies and Procedures listed below and general SAIT Policies and Procedures (which may also apply to Continuing Education)
Contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca if you have any questions.
- Go to our Con Ed login page.
- Create an account as a new user using your personal email address.
- Once your account is set up, you can log in as an existing user to self-register at any time and pay for a course.
All email and registration correspondence from SAIT Con Ed Advising will be sent to your personal email address. If you’ve changed your email address to a different preferred email address, our emails will go there. Not getting our emails? Check your spam/junk mail folders. Consider adding ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to your approved sender list.
We recommend you familiarize yourself with your new Con Ed student account, where you’ll find your current and past enrolment transactions and receipts, as well as course details and updates such as date, time and location changes. You’ll be able to track your declared certificate programs to completion and self-print statement of grade documents.
If you have any questions about your Con Ed student account or course registration requirements, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca or 1.888.284.7051.
We recommend registering early (7–14 days) before the start date of your selected course.
Generally, you’re able to self-register and pay for a course directly through any program/course web page and add it to your shopping cart as per the instructions below. If you’re a sponsored student, refer to Third-party Billing Sponsorship section.
If you want to audit a Continuing Education course, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to confirm course eligibility and to register and pay for the course.
- Go to the certificate program or individual course page. Review the course description for any specific registration deadlines, course prerequisites or student eligibility requirements.
- Click the course section you want and follow the online shopping cart prompts to check out.
- Pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only). If you’re using a card belonging to a parent, employer or spouse; ensure that you accurately complete the name and billing address of the cardholder.
- Check your email for an enrolment confirmation and SAIT receipt. Not getting our emails? Check your spam/junk mail folders. Consider adding ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to your approved sender list.
- Refer to the My Enrolment History tab in your Continuing Education student account to view all your course enrolment details including Course Drop and Refund, Transfer and Withdrawal deadlines.
- You’ll need your SAIT “edu” email address to log in to your student version of Microsoft 365 where you’ll be able to access various online communication and learning tools, including your SAIT mailbox (Outlook), Brightspace (D2L), MS Teams, Zoom and more. Get login instructions
Need to print your student T2202/T2202A (Tuition, Education and Textbooks Amount Certificate) tax receipts? These tax receipts are released on February 28 each year for course registrations taken in the previous tax year. You can access them from your general SAIT student account: mySAIT. Learn more about Student Tax Receipts and Credits. If you experience mySAIT login issues, contact ITS.Support@sait.ca or 403.774.5200
If you’re a Continuing Education student being sponsored by an employer, First Nations organization, Canadian Armed Forces, Workers Compensation Board (WCB) of Alberta, Alberta Works, WorkSafeBC, or the like:
- Contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to confirm the requirements of the program/course you plan on taking. We can provide you with a cost estimate document for your sponsor summarizing tuition and tech fees, course availability/scheduling as well as estimates for any required books and supplies.
- Set up a Continuing Education student account.
- Have your sponsor email our Advising Team at ConEdAdvising@sait.ca a signed letter confirming approval of your course/program selection, and associated tuition, tech fees, and any course extension fees (if applicable.) The letter must be on official company/organization letterhead and include:
- Sponsor’s name, job title and contact information (direct phone number, address and email address) and signature;
- List of courses (including course code, course name, course start and end dates and tuition and tech fee cost per course) that your sponsor agrees to pay for.
- Clear instructions and email address where SAIT will email the invoice for your training costs.
- Contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to register for your sponsor-approved courses. If you decide to drop a course, do so before the Course Drop deadline. Make sure to notify ConEdAdvising@sait.ca and your sponsor of this change.
- If your course requires the purchase of books/supplies from the SAIT Bookstore, ask your sponsor to email the bookstore manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a charge account for you. Follow up with your sponsor and/or the SAIT Bookstore to confirm if the account has been set up and get instructions on how to purchase your books/supplies online or in person.
Our courses have different Course Drop deadlines based on the specific requirements of a course and also based on the delivery format (online, virtual, classroom, and blended). Go to your Con Ed student account under My Enrolment History to see the Course Drop/Transfer and Withdrawal Request deadlines for a course. If you need assistance making a change of registration, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca or 1.888.284.7051.
Up until the Course Drop request deadline for a course, you can drop the course for a full tuition refund less a $50 administrative fee. To do so, go to your student account under My Enrolment History to select the Course Drop option and follow the prompts. Once your request is processed, you’ll immediately receive a refund notice. Your refund will be issued within 24 hours to the credit card you used for the original purchase. If you are past the Course Drop request deadline, you won’t see the drop option.
Up until the Course Transfer request deadline for a course, you can transfer from one course section to another or transfer to a completely different course. To do so, go to your student account under My Enrolment History to select the Course Transfer option and follow the prompts. If the course you are transferring to costs more, you will be prompted to pay the difference. If it is less, the difference will be returned within 24 hours to the credit card you used for the original purchase. Once your request is processed, you’ll immediately receive a notification. If you are past the Course Transfer request deadline, you won’t see the transfer option.
Up until the Course Withdrawal request deadline for a course, you can officially withdraw from a course to receive a “W” grade on your student record (rather than an “F”.) To do so, go to your student account under My Enrolment History to select the Course Withdrawal option and follow the prompts. There are no refunds issued for withdrawals.
A course may be cancelled due to low enrolment or other unforeseen circumstances. SAIT reserves the right to limit registration, cancel, postpone or combine courses, alter course content, dates or times, and substitute instructors. In general, a course cancellation may occur any time between two to 14 days before the course start date. A student will receive an email notification of the cancellation and is immediately issued a full tuition refund which will be processed within 24-48 hours using the same method of payment that was used for the course registration. The student is responsible for obtaining any refunds applicable for books, software and/or supplies purchased for the cancelled course.
How to purchase a course extension
Some of our online asynchronous courses provide a one-time course extension purchase option which gives you additional time to complete the course equal to half the original course duration. Go to your Continuing Education student account under My Enrolment History to check if your course offers an optional extension. A non-refundable course extension can be purchased for $179 by phoning the Continuing Education Advising team at 1.888.284.7051 a minimum of seven days before the course’s original end date. Payment by Visa or Mastercard is required at the time of the request.
How to receive a SAIT Con Ed certificate/parchment upon certificate program completion
There is no application process to start a non-credit Continuing Education Certificate of Achievement or Certificate of Completion program—simply review the program for student eligibility requirements, prerequisites and course availability, set up a Continuing Education student account and register for one or more courses, as you wish.
For a certificate program (which comprises a minimum of two or more required courses), we’ll automatically attach the certificate requirements to your Con Ed Student account. You can track the progression to completion of your certificate program from your My Certificates and Designations tab. Once you’ve completed your program, we’ll electronically issue you an official certificate and transcript.
You have up to three years to complete our Certificate of Achievement or Certificate of Completion programs. It is possible to complete a certificate program in less time based on course availability and your personal situation. Learn more about SAIT credit and non-credit credentials. As programs are subject to change, it is in your best interest to complete the requirements of your certificate program as soon as possible. If you require additional time to complete your declared certificate program, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to request and pay $150 for a Credential Extension of Timeline. Approval and conditions apply.
Note: SAIT certificates/parchments are not issued for individual courses completed. You may, however, self-print a Statement of Grade document from your Con Ed student account (My Enrolment History tab). If you need your official Con Ed transcript, contact ConEdAdvising@sait.ca to request a copy at no cost.
For courses offering a microcredential, we’ll issue you a SAIT-branded Credly digital badge which you’ll be able to retrieve via your own Credly account. Learn more about SAITMicro.
Guaranteed to Run courses
We offer a select number of courses with this symbol. Our Guaranteed to Run promise means you don’t have to worry about the course being cancelled. You can have confidence knowing these courses will run as scheduled, allowing you to plan your time away from work and confirm your travel itinerary.
Financing your education
Learn about SAIT Level Up Alumni Awards, Canada Alberta Job Grant, the Canada Training Tax Credit and other funding opportunities to help support your career advancement today.Learn more
Online learning and resources
Find practical information and tips for accessing your SAIT online accounts and learning tools including Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Brightspace (D2L), MS Teams and Zoom.Learn more