Certificate of Achievement
As one of the largest sectors of the Canadian economy, the construction industry is currently facing a shortage of professionally trained construction estimators. If you have strong analytical skills and are detail-oriented, consider a career that's in high demand with available online training through SAIT's new construction estimating program.
Whether you're an experienced estimator looking to gain confidence in your skills with professional credentials or are new to the field, SAIT's construction estimating training will prepare you for success. Our construction estimating curriculum is developed by industry experts, knowledgeable instructors and exercises that emphasize real-world, practical applications.
Learn how to analyze costs and prepare precise estimates required for all types of construction projects in commercial and residential sectors, civil engineering and specific trades. Upon completion of the program, you will have the knowledge, communication and technical skills required to study, interpret and quantify the information in construction contract documents to deliver accurate construction project estimates.
Through this program, you will develop competence in:
• Understanding quantities and measurements and general construction practices used in the construction industry
• Interpreting blueprints
• Analyzing a complete project scope through contract documents
• Developing accurate take-offs
• Using spreadsheet applications for estimation
• Demonstrating research techniques for industry-specific information
• Planning and scheduling construction projects
• Delivering precise estimates
• Interacting effectively in written, verbal, and interpersonal environments.
This online program gives you convenient access to learning anytime, anywhere. It allows you to maintain employment while accelerating your career through professional certification at SAIT's School of Construction.