Statement of Completion
Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Revit technologies have the power to transform the building industry, including improved accuracy, efficiency and precision.
The Revit Essentials Statement of Completion introduces essential concepts and technical skills in BIM and the Revit software used to take advantage of this significant evolution in building design tools. This program covers the fundamentals of creating construction documents, building 3D architectural project models, and using more advanced features, such as conceptual design and BIM management.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept and workflow of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Use design principles, techniques and Revit drawing tools to create 3D architectural project models.
- Set up sheets and views to create construction documents.
- Employ Revit tools to enable work-sharing and project team collaboration.
- Use site and structural design tools for space planning, massing, visualization and rendering to create large-scale building projects.
Knowledge of BIM and Revit technologies will help you create a rewarding career in architecture, construction, engineering or interior design. Opportunities for individuals with training and experience in Revit include Revit Technician, BIM Coordinator, Structural Draftsperson, Architectural Technologist and entry-level roles across related fields.
Professional designation and certifications
A Statement of Completion is awarded to students by SAIT upon the successful completion of this program.
These courses have been approved for education and training credits towards Gold Seal Certification.
Individuals with Revit training and industry experience can take exams through Autodesk to become an Autodesk Certified User (ACU) or Autodesk Certified Professional (ACP) in Revit.
This program is eligible for funding through the Canada Alberta Job Grant (CAJG).