In this first A+ course, you will start your path towards the CompTIA A+ certification. Computers evolve every day and qualified technicians are needed to keep things running smoothly. You will receive a well-rounded knowledge of PC hardware, desktop support, peripherals, working safely with computers and more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand computing basics and how to set up a computer.
- Understand computer safety hazards and environmental controls.
- Understand how to interact with customers in a professional manner and the importance of keeping documentation records.
- Understand computer tools, ticketing systems, asset management systems and troubleshooting.
- Compare and contrast the different types of network media.
- Learn the different types of cables and connectors used by computers.
- Learn the purpose of form factors and how they affect the size of motherboards, cases, and components.
- Understand the function of internal hardware components.
- Understand the main differences between Windows, Linux, MacOS, and Chrome OS.
- Understand the different types of internal and external storage technologies and their associated file systems.
NotesPlease note that this is a prep course for A+ certification.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- IT Technician Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses