With Python being one of the most popular programming languages, the ability to read and write this legacy language is becoming increasingly important in the software industry. Python is used to power web services such as YouTube, DropBox, Google, Reddit, Yahoo, Pinterest and Instagram and many small companies are taking advantage of this powerful, full-featured programming language.
This course gives you a basic understanding of Python as you learn about the installation of the integrated development environment as well as the use of variables, operators, loops and decision-making. You will also learn to manipulate data, file I/O, and exception handling. Prior programming experience is beneficial but is not required.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- explain what python is and understand its applications and benefits
- set up a python programming environment
- identify and use variable types, operators, decision-making statements, and loops
- use operators to manipulate different data types correctly
- use functions and modules correctly
- manipulate files using python accurately
- use exceptions to catch errors.