With python being one of the most popular programming languages, and Python-based web frameworks such as Django on the rise, the ability to read and write this legacy language is becoming increasingly important in the software industry. Python is used to power web services such as YouTube, DropBox, Google, Reddit, Yahoo, Pinterest, and Instagram and many small companies are taking advantage of this powerful, full-featured programming language.
This course will provide students with a basic understanding of python. It covers the installation of the integrated development environment as well as the use of variables, operators, loops, and decision-making. Students will also learn to manipulate data, file I/O, and exception handling. Prior programming experience would be beneficial but is not required.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what python is and understand its applications and benefits
- Set up a python programming environment
- Identify and use variable types, operators, decision-making statements, and loops
- Use operators to manipulate different data types correctly
- Use functions and modules correctly
- Manipulate files using python accurately
- Use exceptions to catch errors
RecommendationsPrior programming experience would be beneficial but is not required.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Python Programming Certificate of Completion : Required Courses