Building on what is covered in Introduction to Python Programming (CPRG 100), this course introduces you to the powerful capabilities of the Python language. Python ships with an extensive library used by many companies and is a multi-paradigm programming language supporting both object-oriented and functional programming. This course covers the object-oriented concepts of classes and objects as well as database access, networking, multi-threading and GUI design.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- apply object-oriented programming techniques
- design and use simple regular expressions
- explain and use CGI programming
- access remote database from python
- connect two python programs over a network
- send an email from a python program
- write multi-threaded programs
- create a simple GUI.
Strongly Recommended: Introduction to Python Programming (CPRG 100)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Python Programming Certificate of Completion : Required Courses