Building on what is covered in CPRG 100 – Introduction to Python Programming, this course introduces students to the powerful capabilities of the Python language. Python ships with an extensive library used by many companies and is a multi-paradigm programming language supporting both object-oriented and functional programming. This course covers the object-oriented concepts of classes and objects as well as database access, networking, multi-threading, and GUI design.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:??
- Apply object-oriented programing techniques
- Design and use simple regular expressions
- Explain and use CGI programming
- Access remote database from python
- Connect two python programs over a network
- Send an email from a python program
- Write multi-threaded programs
- Create a simple GUI?
Strongly Recommended: Introduction to Python Programming (CPRG 100)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Python Programming Certificate of Completion : Required Courses