Unleash your creativity with Adobe InDesign — the most widely used desktop publishing program in the publication, marketing and promotion industries. Create your own impressive original posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, presentations, books and e-books.
This course covers the basics of Adobe InDesign, including working with typography, creating styles using type tools, page layout, and creating professional publications, e-books and more. Gain the knowledge and skills you need to know to bring your page layout to life and create typographic content for a wide variety of media.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- navigate the InDesign interface to select the appropriate tools, menu items and panels to create well-designed page layouts
- create, select, and style type in InDesign to produce creative, conceptual, and technically skilled page layouts and publication designs
- create, organize, and style objects including shapes and images in InDesign to enhance layout concepts
- use the pages panel to create and modify pages to develop complex page layouts
- create, organize, and style type tables using the table style options function
- save, package, and export pre-flighted documents for print
- design a complex and compelling collection of typographic art that showcases your conceptual, creative, and technical skills and communicates your artistic process.
Strongly Recommended: DSGN 007 - Adobe Illustrator I.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Graphic Design Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses