Unleash your creativity with Adobe InDesign — the most widely used desktop publishing program in the publication, marketing and promotion industries. Create annual reports, interactive digital publications, magazines, newspapers, catalogs, resumes, EPUBs and more.
This course covers advanced topics in Adobe InDesign, including styling typography, creating styles using object tools, interactive tools, grid layout, and creating professional publications, e-books and more. Gain the knowledge and skills you need to know to bring your page layouts to life and create publications for a wide variety of media.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- navigate the InDesign interface and select the appropriate tools, menu items, and panels to perform advanced techniques and design page layouts
- style type using InDesign character and paragraph styles to create organized and efficient documents
- create and apply references in InDesign for increased document readability and usability
- use layout grids to develop complex page layouts and to provide layout variety options
- use the interactive workspace to create and modify pages to develop complex interactive page layouts
- publish and export documents using the share tool in InDesign to create digital and print publications
- design a complex and compelling interactive document that showcases your conceptual, creative, and technical skills and communicates your typographic process
Strongly Recommended: DSGN 010 - Adobe InDesign.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Graphic Design Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses