Feel confident taking your next step. Our Guaranteed to Run promise means you don’t need to worry about cancellations — so you can focus on levelling up your career.
Getting ready to write the Project Management Institute’s (PMI’s) Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam? If you have a minimum of three years’ experience leading and directing projects and are on-track toward attaining the Project Management Institute’s (PMI’s) Project Management Professional (PMP)® designation, this course will prepare you to write the PMP® Exam. Are you already a PMP® certification holder? This course will refresh and build your knowledge in current agile and hybrid approaches while also helping you earn professional development units (PDUs) to maintain your credential.
SAIT has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by PMI. As a PMI Authorized Training Partner (ATP), we meet PMI-established quality assurance criteria and our instructors for PROJ-120 are authorized to teach PMP® Exam preparation.
Delivered online remotely, this course includes 35 contact hours (combined 24 hours of virtual instruction using Zoom and 11 hours self-directed online study accessing content in PMI’s learning platform) as well as one 30-minute individual virtual coaching session with the instructor. Course fees include certified instructor expertise, PMI course content and learning materials. The course does not include PMP® Exam fees nor PMI membership fee (optional). Apply with PMI to write the PMP® Exam once you have completed this course and are ready to write.
Note: Registration closes two days prior to the course start date.
The PMP® Exam is challenging. And sometimes, it can take a few attempts to pass it. That’s why we’re offering you the opportunity to re-take PROJ-120 up to two times, at no additional cost. Here’s how:
- Register for PROJ-120 and complete the course.
- Once you feel you’re ready to write (ideally within three months of having completed the course and while the learning is still fresh in your mind), apply and write the PMP® Exam.
- If you’re unsuccessful in the first exam attempt, re-register and complete a new section of PROJ-120 at no cost.
- If you’re unsuccessful in your second exam attempt, re-register and complete a new section of PROJ-120 again, at no cost.
- Write your third attempt of the exam.
Note: Once your application to PMI has been approved, you are granted a one-year eligibility period in which to write and pass the PMP® Exam. During the eligibility period, you may take the exam up to three times. Reexamination fees apply to the second and third attempts to pass the exam. After three attempts, you must wait one year from the date of the last exam you took to reapply for the certification. Learn more about PMI’s PMP® Exam process and requirements.
This interactive course contains five modules that will immerse you in real-world scenarios, representing various industries and project management situations to help you practice applying principles and concepts at work.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- build a team, define team ground rules, negotiate project agreements, empower and train team members, engage and support virtual teams and build shared understanding about the project
- determine appropriate project methodology/methods and practices
- plan and manage scope, budget, resources, schedule, quality of products, deliverables and project/phase closure
- integrate project planning activities, plan and manage procurement and establish project governance
- assess and manage risks, execute project to deliver business value, manage communications, engage stakeholders, create project artifacts, manage project changes and project issues and ensure knowledge transfer for project continuity
- lead a team, support team performance, address and remove impediments, obstacles and blockers, manage conflict, collaborate with and mentor relevant stakeholders and apply emotional intelligence to promote team performance
- manage compliance requirements, evaluate and deliver project benefits and value, evaluate and address internal and external business environment changes, support organizational change and employ continuous process improvement.
Note that the PMP® certification exam is created based on the PMP® Exam Content Outline.
There are no formal assessments for this course, however, attendance is required – you must attend a minimum of 7 of the 8 virtual sessions. PMI will issue your certificate upon successful completion of this course. Note: virtual sessions will not be recorded.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or PMI’s detailed course outline.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Certifications and Professional Designations
Attain or maintain PMP® credential
Use this course’s 35 training hours toward:
- Your education requirements for attaining the PMP® credential; or
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) to maintain your designation.
Attain or maintain CAPM® credential
If you have less than three years’ project management experience and are working toward your Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® credential, you may consider taking this course or our PROJ-020 Project Management Essentials course to meet the minimum 23 education-hours requirement and to prepare for the (CAPM)® Exam. If you already have your designation, you can use the 35 training hours from this course toward PDUs.
The PMI® Authorized Training Partner seal, PMI logo, Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.