PUBL 001 - Adobe Photoshop I
Unleash your creativity with Adobe Photoshop — the most widely-used raster drawing program in the photography, graphics and web design industries. Create your own impressive original digital artwork, composites, and layouts for posters and websites. Develop your creative style and expand your graphic design expertise, building on a strong foundation of technical, conceptual and creative skills. In this course, you’ll gain the practical knowledge to create professional imagery and graphic art for a broad range of media, including print and the web.
This course covers the basics of Adobe Photoshop to bring your art to life, including creating shapes, using raster-based drawing tools, creating gradients and layers, and using colours.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- use Photoshop Selection and Masking tools to produce creative and technically-skilled raster images
- create and organize layers in Photoshop to enhance image concepts
- create and modify brushes using the paintbrush tool in Photoshop to create digital artwork
- select and use advanced Photoshop layer tools and techniques to create image concepts
- use the pen tool to select and modify paths to develop complex image selections
- design a complex and compelling collection of raster art that showcases your conceptual, creative, and technical skills and communicates your artistic process.
PrerequisitesThere are no pre-requisites for this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Graphic Design Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses
- Web Design Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses