PUBL 002 - Adobe Photoshop II
Unleash your creativity with Adobe Photoshop — the most widely used raster drawing program in the photography, graphics, and web design industries. Create your own impressive original digital artwork, composites, and layouts for posters and websites. Expand your creative style and evolve your graphic design expertise, furthering your technical, conceptual and creative skills. In this course, you will gain essential skills to create professional level imagery and graphics for a broad range of media, including print and the web.
This course covers advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop to bring your art to life, including advanced layers, selection techniques, filters, smart objects and file automation.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- navigate the Photoshop interface, tools, menu items, and panels and use advanced selection techniques to create well-designed raster art
- adjust colour, tone, and lighting in Photoshop to correct image exposure and tonality issues
- work with Smart Objects in Photoshop to create non-destructive edits and enhance the quality of your image concepts
- use Photoshop content-aware tools and techniques to create image concepts
- use the vanishing point filter to create and edit perspective planes. Refine and make composite work more realistic using the camera raw filters
- use Photoshop digital painting and file automation tools and techniques to work more efficiently
- design a complex and compelling collection of raster art that highlights your conceptual, creative, and technical skills and communicates your design process
Strongly Recommended: PUBL 001 - Photoshop I.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Graphic Design Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses