Our Second Class Power Engineering course will provide you with the supplemental education you may need to be successful in writing your Government B1 exam, topics covered will include:
- Steam Turbine Theory and Construction
- Steam Turbine Auxiliaries and Control
- Steam Turbine Operation and Maintenance
- Steam Condensers
- Internal Combustion Engines - Components and Auxiliaries
- Internal Combustion Engines - Operation and Maintenance
- Gas Turbine Design and Auxiliaries
- Gas Turbine Operation and Control
- Mechanical Drawing
As PWEN 117 cannot be used as a credit towards work experience or as a credit towards a SAIT certificate, you must complete all six sections to receive work experience credit and a certificate for your learning:
- A1, A2, A3
- B1, B2, B3
If you are seeking credit in place of work experience, please contact your provincial boiler's branch to ensure our courses are accepted. You will have four months to complete this course, with a final exam at the end.
To register you must be a holder of a valid Provincial Power Engineering Third Class Certificate.
PWEN 130, PWEN 131, PWEN 138 and PWEN 139 are the mandatory requirements for this course. You are required to show proof of completion by emailing email@example.com.
RecommendationsIt is recommended that students have a minimum of Grade 12 Math, Physics and English.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Second Class Power Engineering Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses