This beginners Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding course covers the theory and applications of the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) process. Laboratory exercises are performed on mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum, incorporating various positions and joint designs.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use safe working practices while performing GMAW welding processes
- Perform the following practical weld tests:
1) 2F on 3/8” Plate Using the GMAW Process with Stringer beads
2) 3F on 3/8” Plate Using the GMAW Process with a Down Hand Root and an Up Hand Fill & Cap
3) 2F on 3/8” Plate Using the FCAW Process with Stringer beads
4) 1F on 3/8” Plate Using the GMAW Process for the Root and Using the FCAW Process For The Fill & Cap
5) 2F & 3F on 11Gauge Plate Using the GMAW Process
Strongly Recommended: Welding - Oxyacetylene (WELD 003)