The goal of this course is to provide you with the necessary skills to professionally inspect electrical components in residential homes. You do not need to have an electrical background to take this course.
This course focuses on the following concepts:
- Residential electricity
- The distribution system of electricity to end-use points in homes
- Service drops, service entrance wires, service size
- Service box grounding and panels
Learner OutcomesUpon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the basics of electricity to perform a professional home inspection.
- Examine the configuration of service boxes and the operation of grounding systems.
- Identify common concerns related to distribution panels.
- Assess the branch circuit wiring systems of a typical house.
- Recognize safe distribution of electricity to switches, lights, outlets, receptacles.
- Inspect and report on residential electrical systems as a professional home inspector.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Home Inspection Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses