SFTY 103 - Construction Safety
Course DescriptionThis course helps you review legislation and regulations that promote and uphold standards of workplace safety in the construction industry. You will learn about the costs of poor safety, common safety problems and hazards in construction work, and the regulations and requirements designed to protect worker safety. This course also reviews the purpose and principles of an Occupational, Health and Safety program and key elements of a successful workplace inspection.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B (75%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Learner OutcomesUpon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- explain how the Workers' Compensation Act and Bill C-45 are used to establish and uphold standards of safety in the workplace
- explain how the Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations promote safety in the workplace
- explain how WHMIS promotes the safe use of hazardous materials.
- outline the controls that are in place to promote and support environmental protection and construction worker safety
- apply the principles of an effective OHS program
- summarize the procedures for the physical inspection of a worksite.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Principles of Construction Management Certificate of Achievement : Required Courses