Gain a basic understanding of consumer available smart home technologies, including their benefits, applications, components, installation, and use considerations.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the evolution of consumer smart home technologies
- Relate smart technologies to high performance building
- Describe basic smart home system components
- Outline considerations for builders and trades to utilize smart home technologies
- Describe necessary homeowner considerations when utilizing smart home technologies