This course explores in-depth design considerations when integrating high performance principles into new or existing designs. Alternate assemblies, materials, mechanical systems, and penetration details will also be discussed.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the advantages of holistic and integrated design
- Explain how building form factor impacts performance
- Outline the components of high-performance envelope systems and their functions
- Explore zero lot line considerations for high performance homes
- CNST 014 - Introduction to High Performance Homes
- CNST 015 - Net Zero and Zero Carbon Fundamentals