In an interactive digital environment, participants will learn how to apply and detail control layers in mockup wall assemblies. Students will be familiarized with a blower door and utilize it to problem solve and diagnose building envelope leaks and errors in real-time.
Earn a SAIT Micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze air, water, vapour, and thermal control layers
- Analyze typical products used in residential construction detailing, their properties, and uses
- Detail individual wall stopping at critical stages
- Perform a blower door test
- CNST 014 - Introduction to High Performance Homes
- CNST 015 - Net Zero and Zero Carbon Fundamentals