This course introduces you to basic data science techniques using Python. You'll be introduced to core concepts like data frames and joining data as you learn how to use data analysis libraries like Pandas, NumPy and Matplotlib. This course provides an overview of loading, inspecting and querying real-world data, and how to answer basic questions about that data. You will gain skills in data aggregation and summarization, as well as basic data visualization.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- apply basic data science techniques using Python
- understand how to load and analyze data
- understand and apply core concepts like Data Frames and joining data and use data analysis libraries like Pandas and NumPy
- analyze data using statistical functions as well as basic data visualization.
CPRG 100 and CPRG 104 or previous working knowledge in Python are strongly recommended prior to taking this course.
Recommended reading (not required):
Python for Data Analysis by Wes McKinney, Oct 2017
Media ISBN: 9781491957660
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Data Science Certificate of Achievement : Elective