This course gives you an overview of exploration and drilling as you understand how companies know where to look for petroleum deposits. You'll learn about exploration techniques that lead to prospective areas for oil and gas. You'll also learn how these resources are accessed including the drilling equipment and procedures involved as well as the components and techniques needed to safely drill a well.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- describe exploration and drilling for petroleum deposits
- discuss the origins of petroleum deposits
- describe exploration techniques
- discuss land survey systems
- describe drilling equipment and operations.