This course provides an overview of exploration and drilling. Learn how we know where to look for petroleum deposits and about exploration techniques that lead us to prospective areas for oil and gas. We will discuss how to access these resources, drilling equipment and procedures. The components and techniques to safely drill a well are also described.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe exploration and drilling for petroleum deposits
- Discuss the origins of petroleum deposits
- Describe exploration techniques
- Discuss land survey systems
- Describe drilling equipment and operations