This course introduces you to electrical equipment including transformers, generators and motors. You'll learn about electrical distribution systems, and the purpose and operating principle of uninterruptible power supply systems, as well as the operating principles of the various types of AC and DC motors and generators.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- describe electrical generation and distribution and electrical equipment
- describe an electrical distribution system
- describe the components and operation of uninterruptible power supplies
- describe the operating principles of AC and DC motors and generators
- discuss the operating principle of transformers.