This course describes the components and operation of a control system. Explore the relationship between control loop components and the selection of control valves. Pneumatic and electronic systems are compared. Learn about Programmable Logic Controllers and their applications.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe control loops and control systems
- Describe pneumatic and electronic transmitter operation
- Describe a control loop and its component functions
- Describe types and functions of control valves
- Discuss components and function of Programmable Logic Controllers