Oil and gas processing facilities require the use of separators and you can gain the skills to understand these components. This course is an introduces you to separation processes. You'll learn about two-phase and three-phase separation and the use of stage and low-temperature separation. You'll also develop your understanding of the selection of field and plant separators as well as common operating problems and maintenance.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe fluid separation
- Discuss 2-phase and 3-phase separation
- Describe types of separators and their selection
- Describe separator operation
- Discuss the various configurations of inlet systems and the use of inlet separation systems in a conventional gas treating plant