In this course, you'll learn to describe the formation of oilfield emulsions including methods to treat emulsions and equipment construction. You'll explore the testing and selection of de-emulsifying chemicals as well as the treating processes for heavy and ultra-heavy crude oils.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the theory of emulsions and their formation
- Describe crude oil treatment
- Describe basic principles of emulsion treating and testing procedures
- Describe treater types and selection
- Describe treating principles