This course describes the formation of oilfield emulsions. Methods to treat emulsions and treating equipment construction are discussed. Learn about the testing and selection of de-emulsifying chemicals. Treating processes for heavy and ultra-heavy crude oils are discussed.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the theory of emulsions and their formation
- Describe crude oil treatment
- Describe basic principles of emulsion treating and testing procedures
- Describe treater types and selection
- Describe treating principles