In this course, you'll learn how oil is transported from the wellsite to a centralized facility (called a battery) through a gathering system of pipelines. Develop your understanding of the components of typical batteries and the importance of proper production accounting. You'll also discover the purpose and operation of Lease Automatic Custody Transfer equipment for the delivery of processed oil to a pipeline.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe oilfield and battery operations, including water cleanup and disposal
- Describe wellsite and gathering systems
- Explain the purpose of a Lease Automatic Custody Transfer (LACT) unit
- Describe battery operations and water disposal
- Discuss production accounting