In this course, you'll learn about acid gases from a natural gas stream as you discover how hydrogen sulphide and carbon dioxide are removed by sweetening processes. You'll also gain knowledge about the components, selection and operation of amine sweetening systems and molecular sieves as well as common operating problems.
Earn a Micro-Credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of B- (70%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- describe sweetening and equipment and processes
- discuss the application of the various gas sweetening chemicals
- describe specific equipment required in a typical solutioning sweetening system
- discuss sweetening processes and operations
- discuss the more serious operational problems encountered in a gas sweetening plant
- describe the molecular sieve process.