Learn how to properly initiate and begin the planning process for your projects. Based on the latest version of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI’s) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), this course introduces you to a variety of organizational structures and explains the spectrum of project delivery methods, from Waterfall to Agile. This will equip you to select the best delivery approach for your project environment.
From there, learn how to write a Project Charter, perform a Stakeholder Analysis and create a Project Communication Plan. You’ll even explore the difference between project management and leadership and discuss leadership styles.
Note: Registration for this course closes two days before the course start date.
"PMBOK" is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Earn a SAIT micro-credential
This course qualifies for the SAITMicro badge. Students who successfully complete this course with a final grade of A- (80%) or higher will earn a micro-credential and receive a shareable digital badge. Learn more.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- identify the strategic context of a project and understand how it aligns with the organization’s strategic goals
- analyze a broad range of project options and select the solution that best supports your organization’s strategic goals
- use essential project analysis tools and techniques to support organizational alignment
- analyze various organizational structures and their influence on the project environment
- choose the project development approach that best supports your project type and organizational needs, ranging from predictive to agile
- initiate your project effectively by complete essential initiation tasks and documentation
- apply the principles of servant leadership to support the project environment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate of Completion : Required Courses